A very experienced technical professional in the oil and gas industry with over 30 years experience in many Shell companies. Francis has a deep experience in
Production Technology but also of working with and leading / managing professionals in the other Petroleum Engineering disciplines. He has experience in a wide range of subsurface conditions
(sandstones, carbonates, oil, gas, tight gas) and operating environments (onshore, offshore, many countries). Apart from technical expertise Francis' main skills include an ability to work with and
lead staff of different cultures and nationalities, a pragmatic approach and the drive to ‘deliver as promised’.
Areas of Expertise and Achievements
Well and Reservoir Management
- Implemented Well and Reservoir Management in Kuwait Oil
- Improved oil production through optimisation by 15% in
Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) Marmul Asset
- Delivered WRM training in Canada and
- Implemented a Well Integrity (WI) system in
- Conducted a Well Integrity assessment in
- Made Well Integrity decisions in Brunei Shell Petroleum in
my capacity as the WI Technical Authority.
Well Modelling and Design
- Designed the highly successful multilateral wells in the
Changbei (China) development, that allowed gas supply to the Beijing power stations in time for the 2008 Olympics.
- Conducted a liquid loading study for KOC.
Production Technology Discipline Leadership
- Regional PT Discipline Lead for Shell’s Unconventional Oil
organisation in the Americas (40+ PTs)
- Chield Production Technologist for Brunei Shell Petroleum
- PT Discipline Lead for Shell’s central technology
organisation (50 PTs)
- Member of Shell’s global PT discipline leadership team for
- Managed the Technology Programme for KOC’s Jurassic Gas
- Introduced various technologies in PDO
- Represented Shell Operating Companies at technology budget
Field Development Management and Planning
- Managed field development for Brunei Shell’s offshore gas
- Conducted Field asset assessment and development
- Managed the outsourcing of a Field Development
Subsurface Learning and Development
- Course Director of a Shell foundation course for sub-surface
- Input to Individual Development Plans for numerous
Business Analysis and Improvement
- Led an After Action Review into the first five years of
Shell and KOC’s partnership.
- Conducted an Opex study for Brunei Shell Petroleum land